Spectrum Access System (SAS) Technology for Shared Spectrum
RED Technologies uses SON technology and real time radio environment map innovations to allow spectrum managers and spectrum operators to: evaluate and plan shared spectrum deployments, localize geographic zones for spectrum sharing, and minimize the likelihood of interference with any incumbents. RED SAS supports the operation of the Citizen’s Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) in the USA.
The shared spectrum is managed and the incumbent’s network protected in a number of ways, including: real-time interfaces to request spectrum access, dynamic calculation of interference levels, and maintenance of a live spectrum usage map.
- Increases spectrum efficiency
- Reduces network operational costs
- Increases network agility with spectrum on demand
- Network densification for MNOs
- Entry to mobility market for MSO/Cable
- Low cost fixed wireless broadband access for WISPA and other operators
- Private networks for campuses, enterprises, stadiums, etc